+1-516-727-6427 / +1-212-220-6026

Home >Student Visa


Every country has different rules and regulation for immigration. Therefore, it is very important for every student to have an idea about the visa application process before applying for their study abroad visa for a specific country. Here are some important application guidelines for students who are planning to study in USA and applying for their USA study visa


Visa applicants don’t have to select the visa type, it is the university or the sponsoring institute who will define the USA visa type based on your application profile for a specific course.

The different types of USA student visa:

❆F-1 Student Visa

International students applying for a full-time study in USA institution/university which is recognized by DHS (Department of Homeland Security) will get an F-1 Student Visa.

❆M-1 Vocational Student Visa

International student enrolled in a vocational program in the USA will get M-1 visa. It is mandatory for an international student to continue a full course of study and part-time study is only allowed if approved by the Designated School Official (DSO).

❆J-1 Exchange Student Intern Visa

This visa is given to International students who are presently registered and studying a degree at a post-secondary academic institution outside the US. With Students on this visa may engage in incidental study (i.e., study course not directly associated with the main field of study).

❆ J-1 Exchange Student Visa

International students who are exchange visitors pursuing a course at an academic institution under the aids of the United States Information Agency and a designated program sponsor. It is mandatory for a J-1 visa holders to maintain a full course of study and they can reduce the course duration if approved by Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) by a Responsible Officer (RO)/Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) of the designated program sponsor, in accordance with Department of State (DOS) regulations.

❆ J-1 Exchange Visitor: Professor, Researcher, Specialist, Trainee, Physician, Intern

International students who are visiting researchers, short-term scholars, professors, specialists, physicians, trainees, interns, under the sponsorship of an exchange visitor program approved by the DOS.


❆ The visa application process starts with the receipt of an I-20.

Pay your SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Complete online visa application form Pay US visa fee at the nominated bank Book your visa interview appointment Attend your visa interview Our expert counsellor and Visa team will help you in all the aspect of filing Visa. POST-STUDY WORK RIGHT/WORK OPPORTUNITIES ALONG WITH THE STUDIES

❆ J-1 Exchange Student Visa

The J-1 student visa allows international students to work on campus for maximum 20 hours per week during weekdays and full-time during off-days only with prior permission from the Responsible Officers (RO) or Alternate Responsible Officers (ARO) of their designated program. J-1 visa holders are allowed 18 months of Practical Academic Training (up to 36 months for post-doctoral training).

❆ F-1 Student Visa

Foreign student must maintain a full course of study and part-time study is only allowed with the approval of the DSO (Designated School Official) as per the rules and regulations. The F-1 student visa allow international students to work 20 hours per week during weekdays and 40 hours per week during off-days. All F-1 student visa holders are permitted with 1-year of Optional Practical Training (OPT) for every higher education degree. In order to become eligible for OPT, international student must have completed 1 academic year of their degree. Those who have completed a degree on the STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) courses may be eligible for a 24-month extension of OPT (36 months total). F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) Optional Practical Training is a prospect for F-1 students to attain work experience along with their academic program and their work must be related to their major area of study like: Actuarial Science Engineering Technologies Science Technologies Medical Scientist Biological and Biomedical Sciences Mathematics and Statistics Computer Science (excluding data entry/microcomputer applications) Engineering Physical Sciences For 24-month extension the organization who is providing the job must be registered with the E-Verify Employment Verification Program regulated by US Citizenship and Immigration Services.